If You Give a Boy A Cookie

Monday, April 25, 2022



I had planned to do the entire month this year in videos...just to show you all how amazing Coleman really is and how hard he works every day.  But I'm not 20 and I don't know all the cool tiktok tricks on videos and editing. Instead, I am barely able to operate my phone camera and gaming up for me is using iMovie.  Still, I do want to share some things Coleman has been hard working at.  Like eating.  We are always trying to think of new things to try - but it's never a one and done.  The same food has to be worked on daily for weeks.  And you have to always keep that new food in the rotation or Coleman will forget he likes it and all of the work is lost.  Thank God for the home team of therapists who stick to trying new things way more than I do.  They are tireless I tell you.   And his school program includes cooking and making meals together so they are working on him there too.  He had his first bite of a bagel with cream cheese in school last week!  So now we've added that one to our agenda too.     

Since Coleman's entire list of foods that he eats consists of about 10 items, there are plenty of things we can work on.  You'll be happy to know that I'm really focusing on nutritious and healthy options for my boy.  The video linked below highlights the work we've been doing over the last several weeks getting Coleman to eat a chocolate chip cookie.  That's right.  And you would think it would be a lot easier because really, what's not to love about a chocolate chip cookie?  But for Coleman, it's work.  Every day, try and try again.  Still, we are way ahead of where we have been in the past, and with every effort and every tiny taste, we make progress.  So I know we'll get there.  And not just with a cookie.  


1 comment: