I'm Back.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 31:  So This Is The Deal
Yes, I’m back.  Can you believe it?  Neither can I.  Neither can Billy, who took the keys and left to go to his brother’s house when I told him.  Ok, he was actually going over anyway to watch the game, but it sounds so much more dramatic this way.  I swear, it was not a hoax that I was done.  I thought I was.  Or maybe I am after tonight.  God help me, I have no idea.    
So, the problem is this:  After dinner tonight we went out for a walk.  It was finally warm, the rain had stopped and the sun was sneaking its way through the clouds.  We walked to the end of our street and just as we turned around, it started to rain.  At first just lightly, and then harder.  Coleman stopped in his tracks and looked up.  “Where is the rain?” he asked.  Here we go, we thought.  But instead of the craziness that we dealt with this morning before school, he just looked up and then at his shirt, and then said “It’s raining.”  We made a game of running back to the house, and he was laughing.  The whole way back, wet and all.  And when we got home, right over the house was a fabulous rainbow.  Seriously, you can’t make this stuff up.  And I thought, perhaps pathetically, that my friends in Blogland would not believe this.  “You are done” I told myself.  I took the kids to get an ice cream to forget about you all.  And I was so distracted that I drove to the supermarket instead. 
So this is the deal:  I will update this blog as something fun or wonderful happens.  Or when something happens that I feel certain you guys out in there in great World Wide Web would like to know about.  Ok?  Do we have a deal? 
Ok  then.  Goodbye.  For now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment